Particularly suitable for Büchner filtrations where it is desirable to recover the precipitate from the filter surface after filtration.
|Code||Whatmans Grade 50|
- The maximum ash content of these grades is intermediate between ash-less and qualitative grades.
- Other characteristics include high wet strength and chemical resistance which are similar to the acid hardened ash-less filter papers.
Grade 50 (2.7 µm):
- Retention of very fine crystalline precipitates.
- The thinnest of all Whatman filter papers.
- Slow flow rate. Hardened and highly glazed surface.
- This finish also keeps the paper free from loose surface fibres.
- Highly suitable for qualitative or quantitative filtrations requiring vacuum assistance on Büchner or 3-piece filter funnels.
- Very strong when wet.
- Will withstand wet handling and precipitate removal by scraping.
- In the electronics industry, the virtual absence of fibre shedding is utilized in carriers for integrated circuits.
- This grade is also available in Smear Tab format for wipe testing (e.g., testing of surfaces for radionuclide contamination).
Available in the following Sizes:
- 55mm (100 P/Box)
- 70mm (100 P/Box)
- 90mm (100 P/Box)
- 110mm (100 P/Box)
- 125mm (100 P/Box)
- 150mm (100 P/Box)
- 185mm (100 P/Box)
- 240mm (100 P/Box)
- 320mm (100 P/Box)
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.