Whatman quantitative filters are designed for gravimetric analysis and the preparation of samples for instrumental analysis.
|Code||Whatmans Grade 42|
- They are available in three formats designed to meet your specific needs.
- Ash-less: 0.007% ash maximum for Grades 40 to 44 and a maximum of 0.01% for the 589 Grades – very pure filters suitable for a wide range of critical analytical filtration procedures
- Hardened low ash: 0.015% ash maximum – treated with a strong acid to remove trace metals and produce high wet strength and chemical resistance.
- These filters are particularly suitable for Büchner filtration where the tough smooth surface of the filter makes it easy to recover precipitates.
- Hardened ash-less: 0.006% ash maximum – acid hardened to give high wet strength and chemical resistance with extremely low ash content.
- The tough surface makes these filters suitable for a wide range of critical filtration procedures.
Grade 42 (2.5 µm):
- A world standard for critical gravimetric analysis with the finest particle retention of all Whatman cellulose filter papers.
- Typical analytical precipitates include barium sulphate, metastannic acid, and finely precipitated calcium carbonate.
Available in the following Sizes:
- 5mm (100 P/Box)
- 47mm (100 P/Box)
- 55mm (100 P/Box)
- 70mm (100 P/Box)
- 90mm (100 P/Box)
- 110mm (100 P/Box)
- 125mm (100 P/Box)
- 150mm (100 P/Box)
- 185mm (100 P/Box)
- 240mm (100 P/Box)
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.