These cellulose filters are used in qualitative analytical techniques to determine and identify materials.
|Code||Whatmans Grade 1|
- Pre-pleated qualitative filters are also available, which give improved flow rate and increased loading capacity compared to equivalent flat filters.
Grade 1 (11 µm):
- The most widely used filter paper for routine applications with medium retention and flow rate.
- Extended range of sizes includes 10 to 500 mm diameter circles and 460 x 570 mm sheets.
- This filter is also available in the Filter Cup, this is a convenient, disposable 70 mm filter funnel with a 250 ml capacity moulded from polypropylene with an integral, heat bonded filter (catalogue number 1600-001).
- This grade covers a wide range of laboratory applications and is frequently used for clarifying liquids.
- Traditionally the grade is used in qualitative analytical separations for precipitates such as lead sulphate, calcium oxalate (hot), and calcium carbonate.
- In agriculture, it is used for soil analysis and seed testing procedures.
- In the food industry, Grade 1 is used for numerous routine techniques to separate solid foodstuffs from associated liquid or extracting liquid and is widely used in education for teaching simple qualitative analytical separations.
- In air pollution monitoring, using circles or rolls, atmospheric dust is collected from airflow and the stain-intensity measured photometrically.
- For gas detection, the paper is impregnated with a chromogenic reagent and colour formation quantified by optical reflectance.
Available in the following Sizes:
- 18mm (100 P/Box)
- 20mm (100 P/Box)
- 25mm (100 P/Box)
- 30mm (100 P/Box)
- 47mm (100 P/Box)
- 55mm (100 P/Box)
- 70mm (100 P/Box)
- 85mm (100 P/Box)
- 90mm (100 P/Box)
- 110mm (100 P/Box)
- 125mm (100 P/Box)
- 150mm (100 P/Box)
- 185mm (100 P/Box)
- 240mm (100 P/Box)
- 270mm (100 P/Box)
- 320mm (100 P/Box)
- 400mm (100 P/Box)
- 500mm (100 P/Box)
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.