vibrations of different torsion bars
- In torsional vibrations, a restoring moment is produced by the twisting of a bar in the oscillating system.
- The restoring moment strives to return the rotating mass to the resting position.
- The TM 163unit can be used to study torsional vibration on torsion bars with different diameters and different lengths.
- At the top end, the torsion bars are clamped in a quick-action chuck.
- A solid circular disk or a circular ring is fixed at the bottom end of the bar using a quick-action chuck.
- They have the same mass and the same diameter, but different moments of inertia due to their shape.
- The torsion bars can be quickly and easily exchanged and their length varied.
- The oscillation period is measured.
- The experimental unit is designed to be fixed to a wall
- torsional vibrations on different torsion bars
- 5 aluminium torsion bars with different diameters
- adjustable effective length of the torsion bars
- quick-action chucks to swap components
- generate torsional vibration via a circular disk or circular ring
- stopwatch to measure the oscillation period
- bracket for wall mounting
- Five torsion bars:
- length: 1100mm
- diameter: 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm
- Circular ring:
- outer diameter: 160mm
- inner diameter: 100mm
- height: 31mm
- moment of inertia: 0,01335kgm2
- Circular disk:
- diameter: 160mm
- height: 19mm
- moment of inertia: 0,0096kgm2
- Stopwatch: 1/100s
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 700x200x200mm
- Weight: approx. 12kg
- determine the oscillation period as a function of:
- the length of the torsion bar
- the diameter of the torsion bar
- the rotating mass and its shape
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 experimental unit
- 1 set of instructional material
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.