complete equipment for application of strain gauges with wiring and connecting of strain gauges
- Measurement using strain gauges is the most important method of measuring mechanical strain.
- In this measuring method mechanical quantities are measured electrically.
- Strain gauge measurement is a relatively simple technique in practice, as it offers a high resolution and can be employed directly at the point of interest.
- A strain gauge is not a complete measuring instrument however.
- It is only rendered usable by the user, after being installed.
- The quality of measurement depends not only on the strain gauge itself, but also essentially on the application method and how it is executed.
- Strain gauges are highly reliable provided users have the skills and theoretical knowledge enabling them to use such highly sensitive sensor elements correctly.
- The application set FL 101provides all the necessary tools and aids to learn the fundamentals of strain gauges installation.
- For the measurements to work without error, components are first subjected to thorough preparation before the strain gauges are attached.
- Special adhesives ensure total transfer of component deformations to the strain gauge.
- The strain gauge is also protected by suitable coverings against external influences, such as damp and mechanical damage, by suitable coverings.
- The supplied package includes wiring to connect the strain gauges in bridge configurations.
- The wires are attached to the strain gauges using a supplied soldering bit and soldering terminals.
- The instructional material (text book, exercise script and video) provides a multimedia introduction to the installation and configuration of strain gauges and on interpretation of measured values.
- complete set of components for application of strain gauges
- strain gauges with single measuring grids, parallel measuring grids and measuring grids at 90° / 45° angles
- strain gauges for steel or aluminium components
- all necessary tools, adhesives and other aids included in the set
- lockable carrying case
- learning package with text book, exercise script and video
- cable and connectors to connect the applied strain gauges to the optional available measuring amplifier FL 151
- Strain gauge: 350 Ohm
- 10 strain gauges, single measuring grids, for St
- 10 strain gauges, parallel measuring grids, for St
- 10 strain gauges, 90° measuring grids, for St
- 10 strain gauges, 45° measuring grids, for St
- 10 strain gauges, single measuring grids, for Al
- Soldering bit: 16W
- Ribbon cable: 6x 0,14mm2
- Magnifying glass: 6-times magnification
- 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
- 230V, 60Hz, 1 phase; 120V, 60Hz, 1 phase
- UL/CSA optional
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 470x360x170mm
- Weight: approx. 8kg
- fundamentals of electrical resistance strain gauges
- preparation of the measuring point
- selection of a suitable strain gauge
- attaching, wiring up and configuring strain gauges on mechanically stressed components
- protection of the strain gauge measuring point against external influences
- interpretation of measured values (theoretical)
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 carrying case
- 1 set of strain gauges
- 1 application set complete (solvent, cleaning agent, special strain gauge adhesive, adhesive strips, coverings)
- 1 set of pincers
- 2 scissors
- 1 set of application tools
- 1 set of cutting tools
- 1 soldering bit, soldering terminals
- 1 set of accessories (measuring tools, magnifying glass, cable, abrasive cloth, pencil, rubber eraser)
- 1 strain gauge learning package (text book, exercise script, video) in German or English
- 8 6-pole connectors for connection to FL 151
- 5m cable for connection to FL 151
- supporting the development of strain gauge measuring techniques
– WP 300.09 Laboratory trolley
– FL 151 multi-channel measuring amplifier
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.