Standard D2 to BS812-109
- Please note that the calcium carbide reagent must be ordered separately. See LCH020.
- Speedy moisture testers combine time proven dependability of the pressure test procedure with the convenience of an electric balance.
Moisture measurements are obtained by following a simple test procedure:
- Prepare and weigh the material sample using the electronic balance.
- Place the sample in the Speedy vessel.
- Add the reagent to the recess in the Speedy cap and seal the vessel.
- Shake the Speedy to mix the reagent with the sample.
- Read the moisture content directly from the integral gauge.
Building Restoration and Refurbishment:
- Building surveyors involved with diagnosing the cause of dampness in buildings use the Speedy tester to determine the moisture level in walls and floors.
- The Speedy complements moisture meters and hygrometers that are also used for diagnosis.
Moisture content in Solid Floors:
- If moisture related floor failures are to be avoided, concrete slabs, cementitious screeds and anhydrite screeds have to be in a dry condition before decorative floors finishes including wood, vinyl and carpet are laid.
- The Speedy tester is used to measure the moisture content of a sample of material removed from the floor before the decorative finish is laid.
Roads and Highways:
- Knowledge of the moisture content of soil is crucial throughout geotechnical engineering practice.
- Engineers use the Speedy soil meter for field control of compacted earth embankments and other structures and to measure the water content of soil to ensure it is within specified ranges.
- The Speedy moisture meter is ideal for this, being accurate, robust and simple to use.
Aggregates, Sand and Concrete:
- The moisture content of concrete that has been fixed freshly affects the workability, blending, segregation, strength and drying rate of the finished product.
- The Speedy soil moisture meter is an ideal on-site quality control tool.
- Moisture levels of aggregates and sand can be checked prior to use to ensure that the correct amount of water is added when mixing with cement.
- The moisture content of ready-mix cement concrete can also be checked, to ensure it is in specification.
- Standard Speedy vessel fitted with calibrated pressure gauge, electronic balance, heavy duty carry case with fitted foam inserts, cleaning brush and cloth, measuring scoop and instructions.
|Nominal gross weight:||5.5kg|
|Nominal gross dimensions:||510 x 380 x 200mm|
|Moisture measurement range expressed as a percentage of the wet weight of the sample:||0 – 20%|
|Sample weight: for 0 – 20% range:||6g|
|Maximum sample size:||10mm|
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.