|UTR-0390||Slake Durability Apparatus|
|UTR-0392||Pair of Mesh Drums for UTR-0390|
|Models for 220-240V 50 Hz, 1 ph.||UTR-0390-T|
|Models for 110-120V 60 Hz, 1 ph.||UTR-0390-N|
|Models for 220-240V 60 Hz, 1 ph.||UTR-0390-K|
- This test method has been developed to assess the deterioration of rocks over a period of time when subjected to water immersion.
- Slake durability is a simulated weathering test to determine abrasion resistance during wetting and drying cycles of shale and similar soft rocks as used in embankments and other construction-related applications.
- Samples are alternately tumbled in mesh drums through a water medium and oven-dried for two cycles.
- The percent loss of mass is referred to as the slake durability index.
- The UTR-0800 Slake Durability Apparatus consists of a motorized drive unit which is mounted on a baseplate and which can rotate two or four drums at a speed of 20 r.p.m.
- The tank assemblies are filled with water to a level 20 mm below the drum axis.
- The test drums are manufactured from 2.00 mm mesh, 140 mm dia. x 100 mm long.
|Weight (approx.)||15 kg|
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.