For site & laboratory use to EN 1097-8, EN 1338, EN 1399, EN 1341, EN 1342, EN 13036-4, ASTM E303, BS 812:114, CNR N. 105, CNR N. 140, NF P18-578, NF P18-575, NLT 174
|Other standards||EN1097-8, EN1338, EN1341, EN1342|
The Skid Resistance & Friction Tester is suitable for both site and laboratory applications to perform two types of tests:
- Measuring pavement (road asphalt) surface frictional and skid resistance properties.
- Polished stone value tests on aggregates (curved specimens) from accelerated polishing tests.
The skid tester is also suitable to perform tests on:
- Natural stones conforming to EN 1341, EN 1342.
- Concrete block pavers conforming to EN 1338.
- The Skid Tester measures the frictional resistance between a rubber slider mounted on the end of a pendulum arm and the test surface.
- This provides highway and flooring engineers with a routine method of checking the resistance of wet and dry surfaces to slipping and skidding.
- The slider lifting device is incorporated in the pendulum base, assuring accurate adjustment and the height adjustment system is simple and reliable.
- The pointer is manufactured from light alloy with extremely low friction, giving high precision results, whereas the pendulum arm release mechanism reduces the friction to a minimum for better accuracy.
The skid tester is supplied complete with:
- Additional incorporated scale for tests on Polished Stone Value specimens.
- Plexiglass rule, for sliding length verification.
- Thermometer range –10 to +110°C. for surface temperature measurement.
- Stool, wash bottle, bristle, tool set for machine use.
- Sturdy carrying case.
- Calibration Certificate conforming to EN 1097-8.
- *The tester is supplied without rubber sliders. These must be ordered separately.
- Case dimensions: 730 x 730 x 330mm
- Weight: 32 kg
- The skid tester can be also used for tests on concrete block pavers, natural stones, and skidding tests on wooden floor.
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.