to BS EN 14488-2 (Method A)
- The shotcrete penetrometer provides accurate readings of the forces required to penetrate sprayed or poured concrete during the first few hours of development, giving a reliable indication of compressive strength and curing progress.
- Its accuracy and portability make it ideal for on-site testing to BS EN 14488-2 (Method A) and used in conjunction with other tests as the mixture hardens over time.
- Sturdy, cleanable, and portable design
- Built-in 1000 N loadcell
- Quick and easy penetration needle swapping
- Live display for ease of reading
- Measurement units in N, kN, mN, lbf, kgf or gf
- Required 10N accuracy (+-0.1% of 1000 N F.S.)
- Penetrometer needle adaptor and 15 needles
- Store up to 500 readings in memory
- RS232 data output to printer or SPC systems
- Resolution 1:5000
Concrete penetration testing ensures:
- Accuracy and repeatability
- Optimum reliability
- Optimum safety
- Minimising of costly down time
- Consistent quality in concrete layers
- Compliance with recognised standards
- Simple operation suitable for unskilled staff
The Shotcrete Penetrometer is a complete portable system for testing the compressive strength of the initial stage of young sprayed concrete to BS EN 14488-2 (Method A).
The kit includes:
1 × Carry Case
1 × Shotcrete Penetrometer with dual handle (fitted)
1 × Penetrometer Adaptor
15 × Penetration Needles (15 mm needle, diameter 3 mm, top angle 60º)
5 × Rechargeable NIMH Batteries
1 × Mains Adaptor/Charger
1 × Operating Manual
1 × User Guide
1 × Calibration Certificate
- The user guide includes complete step-by-step instructions for using the penetrometer to measure and report the test results to the standards.
- Delivered with a calibration certificate traceable to UK national standards.
- Also includes example compressive strength conversion curves and a blank test protocol form.
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.