assessment of bearing condition by vibration analysis
- Vibration analysis is a key tool in estimating the condition of a roller bearing.
- The slow change in the vibration spectrum provides indications of the remaining life of a bearing and can be used as a criterion for its replacement.
- The spectral distribution can deliver accurate information on the type and location of the damage.
- PT 501contains six interchangeable roller bearings on which different faults can be detected and explained.
- The radial load on the bearing is set within broad limits using the loading device.
- An electric motor with variable speed via frequency converter is used as drive.
- An acceleration sensor with measuring amplifier serves to measure the vibrations at the bearing housing.
- The speed is measured with an optical sensor.
- The measured values are transmitted directly to a PC via USB.
- The software for vibration analysis is included.
- The analysis software offers the following features: two-channel oscilloscope for investigations in the time range; two-channel spectrum analyser for investigations in the frequency range; vibration measuring unit; envelope analysis for bump effects and roller bearing damage.
- investigation of the vibrations of roller bearings
- roller bearing with damage to outer race
- roller bearing with damage to inner race
- roller bearing with damage to a roller body
- roller bearings with combined damage
- long-running roller bearings
- new and undamaged roller bearing
- drive motor with variable speed via frequency converter
- radial loading of bearings via adjustable loading device
- vibration isolation of the foundation plate using rubber elements
- instruments: optical speed sensor, acceleration sensor to record vibration
- software features: 2-channel oscilloscope; 2-channel FFT analyser; envelope analysis; run-up curve and order analysis
- GUNT software for vibration analysis under Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Pendulum ball bearing of type NU204-E-TVP2:
- inside diameter: Ø=20mm
- outside diameter: Ø=47mm
- width: 14mm
- number of rollers: 12
- Drive motor:
- speed: 100…3000min-1
- power: 370W
- Acceleration sensor:
- frequency range: 1…10000Hz
- sensitivity: 100mV/g
- resonance frequency: 32kHz
- Optical speed sensor:
- sampling width: 3…150mm
- laser class II, 675nm
- 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
- 230V, 60Hz, 1 phase; 120V, 60Hz, 1 phase
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 510x200x330mm (experimental unit)
- L x W x H: 420x400x180mm (control unit)
- Weight: approx. 25kg (total)
Required for Operation:
PC with Windows
- vibrational spectrum of the running noise of roller bearings
- familiarisation with the envelope analysis
- influence of damage to outer race, inner race or roller body, on the spectrum
- estimating service lives of roller bearings
- influence of the lubricant on the vibration spectrum
- detection of faulty roller bearings
- use of a computerised vibration analyser
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 experimental unit
- 1 control unit
- 6 roller bearings
- 1 set of accessories
- 1 GUNTsoftware + USB cable
- 1 set of instructional material
- comparison of bearings with different faults
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.