Compacted Road Base and Sub-base Soils
|Standards||ASTM D 7930|
- Non-Nuclear Soil Density Gauge is used for detecting density of Soil specimens with non-nuclear type.
- UTS-1280 is fully equipped with a touch screen and user-friendly graphical menu interface, running Microsoft Windows silently in the background for flowless operation, easy software are upgrades and enhanced user support.
The instruments general specifications are:
- Full colour graphics driven interface, 480 x 640 VGA touch screen display with LED backlight for easy visibility.
- Displays GPS status, available battery voltage, low battery and date/time,
- Rugged case design made from aluminium, powder-coated gloss black with orange reflective vinyl graphics increasing driver awareness to road workers at night
- Data Management Feature, quickly access, can be downloaded and deleted project data,
- Required files can be downloaded to UTS-1280 via. USB,
- Fast, reliable, accurate, and repeatable in real time, User Friendly, in-process, cost effective tool for any user,
- The most important point is; Non-Nuclear means no Badges or Licences and no storage or transport concerns.
- Display: Full colour graphics driven user interface, 480×640 VGA touch screen display with LED backlight for easy visibility in daylight or dark situations.
- Status Bar: Displays GPS status, Data Save status, battery voltage, low battery and date and time
- Project Details: Stores up to 20 projects with details,
- Material Details: Stores up to 20 materials, details include Material
- Name, Description, Max Dry Density, Opt.
- Moisture, Dry Density Offset, % Moisture Offset, % Greater than 3″, % Greater than 3/4″, % Gravel, % Sand, % Fines, PL, LL, Cu and Cc
- Data Logging: Ability to store all measurements
- Reports: Easily download data to be imported into Excel
- GPS Control: When activated will display latitude and longitude positions, number of satellites the gauge is connected to as well as the UTC date and time, also available in UTM format.
- GPS information will store with each measurement when Data Save and GPS feature is enabled, (Status Bar Icon)
- Update Software: One touch upload of new software using a USB memory stick
- Data Management: Quickly access, download or delete your project data
- Set Time & Date: Quick time and date setup, MM/DD/YY and DD/MM/YY formats
- Units: Interchangeable settings for Density (kq/rn3, Ib/ft3), Temp (°C, °F)
- Standardization: While gauge is still in the case, a quick one touch measurement will ensure the gauge is still in proper working mode
- Calculator: Built in four function calculators
- Enhanced Customer Support: Diagnostic screen to aid in factory support
- User Programmable Target Density: Used for calculating % compaction
|Averages five (5) readings and stores data including location date and time. Stores thousands of records|
|• Continuous||Instantaneous density readings.|
|• Wet & Dry Density, % Compaction, % Moisture|
|• Designed to operate with standard|
soils used in civil construction projects.
|• Requires inputs from standard||– Standard Test Methods for Liquid Limit, Plastic Limit and|
|-Plasticity Index of Soils (ASTM D4318)|
|– Particle Size Distribution (ASTM D422)|
|– Proctor Test (ASTM D698 and D1557)|
|• Unit Weight||14.2 lbs (6.44kg)|
|• Unit Dimensions||11″x11″x12″ High (27,9 cm x 27,9 cm x 30,4 cm) with handle extension 29″ High (73,6 cm)|
|• Shipping Weight w/ Case||42,5 lbs (19,27 kg)|
|• Shipping Dimensions||24″ x 19,5″ x 14″ (60,9 cm x 49,5 cm x 35,5 cm)|
|• Sensing Area||11 in. (27.9mm) dia. base allows optimum measurement on fine and coarse material types|
|• Measurement Depth||Designed for use on a standard 12″ (30cm) un-compacted layer of soil during or after compaction.|
• Measurement Display
|Dry Density, % Compaction, % Moisture, GPS Data, Material Information and Project Name|
|• Microprocessor Controlled|
|• CE Mark||Complies with EN 61000-4-2, 61000-4-3, 61000-4-8|
|• Battery||14.0 Amp-hr NiMH, 7.2 V|
|• Recharge Time||4 hours|
|• Battery Charger||Self-Contained CE & UL Certified Universal AC Charger, DC Charger|
|• Computer Ports||1 USB Port|
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.