base unit for setting up wide ranging experiments in machinery diagnostics using modular accessory sets
- In order to avoid serious damage to machines and to carry out maintenance on time, the condition of the machine must be known.
- The state of a machine or machine parts can generally be judged well in terms of the type and size of its vibrations.
- The machinery diagnostic system can be used to simulate certain types of damage and investigate its effects on the vibration spectrum.
- The PT 500base unit permits vibration measuring exercises (measurement of vibration displacement, velocity and acceleration in the time/frequency range).
- Field balancing of rigid rotors and alignment of shafts can also be practiced.
- The key components of the base unit are the mechanical elements (clutch, bearing blocks and shaft with rotors), the drive motor with variable speed via frequency converter and tachogenerator, and the display and control unit with digital displays for power output and speed.
- The motor base plate is mounted on a carriage, enabling the motor to be aligned.
- The large aluminium base plate with locating slots allows quick, flexible and precise assembly of the system components.
- A transparent protective cover provides the necessary safety during operation, and enables clear system viewing during experiments.
- All parts are clearly laid out and well protected in a storage system.
- To measure and evaluate all experiments, the computerised vibration analyser PT 500.04is required.
- The accessory sets PT 500.10– PT 500.19 enable repeatable simulation of the different types of damage.
- Use of the trolley PT 500.01is recommended for flexible deployment of the training system.
- Base plate LxW: 1100x800mm
- M8-slots, spacing 50mm
- Asynchronous motor with frequency converter
- drive power output: 0,37Kw
- nominal speed: 2800min-1
- speed range via frequency converter 100…6000min-1
- display and control unit with digital power and speed display
- 2 shafts: Ø=20mm, length 300mm, 500mm
- 2 unbalanced flywheels: Ø=150mm, each 1675g, with interchangeable balance weights (bolts)
- 2 bearing blocks with roller bearings 6004 (can be exchanged)
ControlflexRcoupling: nominal torque: 15Nm
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 1100x800x500mm (base plate + hood)
- L x W x H: 475x420x200mm (control unit)
- L x W x H: 600x390x325mm (storage system)
- Weight: approx. 95kg (total)
- 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
- 230V, 60Hz, 1 phase; 120V, 60Hz, 1 phase
- 230V, 60Hz, 3 phases
- introduction to vibration measuring methods on rotating machinery systems:
- fundamentals of measurement of shaft and bearing vibrations
- basic variables and parameters
- sensors and measuring devices
- influences of speed and shaft layout
- influence of sensor positioning
- field balancing of rigid shafts
- influence of alignment between motor and coupling
- understanding and interpreting frequency spectra
- use of a computerised vibration analyse
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 base plate with protective hood
- 1 display and control unit
- 1 asynchronous motor with frequency converter
- 2 shafts
- 2 unbalanced flywheels
- 2 clutches
- 2 bearing units
- 1 holder plate
- 2 clamp sets
- 1 set of tools
- 1 storage system with foam inlay
- 1 set of instructional material
- aluminium base plate with slots for quick, flexible assembly of different experimental setups
– PT 500.04 Computerized vibration analyzer
– PT 500.10 Elastic shaft kit
– PT 500.11 Crack detection in rotating shaft kit
– PT 500.12 Roller bearing faults kit
– PT 500.13 Coupling’s kit
– PT 500.14 Belt drive kit
– PT 500.15 Damage to gears kit
– PT 500.16 Crank mechanism kit
– PT 500.17 Cavitation in pumps kit
– PT 500.18 Vibrations in fans kit
– PT 500.19 Electromechanical vibrations kit
– PT 500.05 Brake & load unit
– PT 500.01 Laboratory trolley
– PT 500.41 Two displacement sensors
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.