stationary friction body, uniformly moving friction plate
- The unit provides fundamental experiments on static and dynamic friction.
- Two solid bodies are moved against each other in a uniform manner.
- The frictional forces occurring in the process are measured.
- The friction body under investigation is connected to a force gauge and remains at rest.
- The paired material is driven by a motor and slides beneath the friction body.
- Two sliding velocities can be selected.
- The normal force is altered by adding extra weight to the bodies.
- All parts are clearly laid out and well protected in a storage system.
- fundamentals of mechanical friction
- stationary friction body and force gauge and motor-driven friction plate
- 2 friction bodies, each with two different surfaces
- 2 friction plates with a total of three different surfaces
- 2 cable drum driving velocities
- force gauge overload-proof with clearly legible dial
- storage system for all parts
- Al / felt, PVC
- smooth / rough (Al), brass / felt
Drive with synchronous motor:
- driving velocities: 23,5cm/min; 47cm/min
- 8x 0,5N
- force: 0…2N, graduation: 0,1N
- 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
- 230V, 60Hz, 1 phase
- 120V, 60Hz, 1 phase
- UL/CSA optional
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 720x480x178mm (storage system)
- Weight: approx. 10kg (storage system)
- Weight: approx. 4kg (experimental unit)
- difference between static and dynamic friction
- friction forces as a function of:
- normal force, material pairing, size of contact area
- sliding velocity (relative velocities of the friction partners)
- surface properties of the friction partners
- determine coefficients of friction
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 experimental unit
- 1 set of weights
- 2 friction bodies
- 2 friction plates
- 1 storage system with foam inlay
- 1 set of instructional material
· Optional: WP 300.09 Laboratory trolley
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.