investigation of torsional stiffness and torsional vibrations
- Torsional vibrations are often observed in belt-driven systems.
- With appropriate excitation of resonances, large vibration amplitudes can occur, which can lead to strong loads on shafts and gears, potentially resulting in damage.
- The TM 140unit can be used to produce free and forced torsional vibrations and to study the effects of torsional stiffness, mass and damping on frequency and amplitude.
- The core of the experimental unit is a metal torsion bar.
- Mass disks with different rotational inertias can be attached to the bar using clamping chucks.
- This allows a torsional vibration system to be created with up to three masses.
- The torsional stiffness can be adjusted by varying the effective bar length.
- An exciter unit driven by an electric motor is used to represent forced vibrations.
- The frequency can be adjusted and read on the control unit.
- A damper makes it possible to set different degrees of damping.
- The torsional vibrations are picked up via rotary encoders on the bearings of the torsion bar and are available on the control unit as an electrical signal.
- All signals are also available via a USBport and can be transferred to a PC.
- The GUNTsoftware allows the signals to be recorded and analysed, for example recording a resonance curve or displaying the natural mode.
- experimental unit for investigating torsional vibrations and torsional stiffness
- 3 mass disks
- 4 freely position able ball-bearing-mounted bearing units with clamping chucks
- sealed oil damper
- exciter unit with drive crank; exciter amplitudes 1,4°, 1,8°, 2,4°
- 4 rotary angle sensors, 0,03V/°
- electrical exciter control unit for setting and displaying the exciter frequency and for powering the rotary encoder
- GUNT software for data acquisition via USB under Windows 8.1, 10
- Torsion bar:
- Ø 6mm
- stainless steel
- Rigidity: approx. 1,0Nm/rad/m
- Mass disks
- Ø 150mm, approx. 2,7kg
- Ø 228mm, approx. 4,8kg
- Exciter frequency: 1…20Hz
- Damper coefficient: 0,25…3,5Nm/rad/s
- 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
- 230V, 60Hz, 1 phase; 120V, 60Hz, 1 phase
- UL/CSA optional
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 1400x410x400mm
- Weight: approx. 50kg
Required for Operation:
- PC with Windows recommended.
- determine the torsional stiffness of a torsion bar
- determine the mass moments of inertia
- decay behaviour of torsional vibrations
- determine the damping in torsional vibrations
- forced torsional vibrations, resonance
- torsional vibration systems with multiple masses:
- two-mass torsional oscillator
- three-mass torsional oscillator
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 frame
- 4 bearing units
- 1 torsion bar
- 3 mass disks
- 1 exciter
- 1 rotational damper
- 1 display and control unit
- 1 set of cables
- 1 hexagon screwdriver size 4
- 1 GUNTsoftware + USB cable
- 1 set of instructional material
- behaviour of two-mass and three-mass torsional oscillators
- WP 300.09: Laboratory Trolley
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.