A Thick-walled Erlenmeyer flask with a short glass tube and a hose barb protruding about an inch from its neck.
- The short tube and hose barb effectively acts as an adapter over which the end of a thick-walled flexible hose (tubing) can be fitted to form a connection to the flask.
- The other end of the hose can be connected to source of vacuum such as an Aspirator, vacuum pump, or house vacuum.
- The thick wall of the filter flask provides it the strength to withstand the pressure difference while holding a vacuum inside.
- It is primarily used together with a filter funnel fitted through a drilled rubber bung at the neck on top of the flask for filtration of samples.
- The filter funnel holds the sample isolated from the suction by a layer of filter paper.
- During filtration, the filtrate enters and is held by the flask while the residue remains on the filter paper in the funnel.
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.