GUNT course: engineering drawing
- In order to describe a spatial body adequately and thereby fulfil a basic principle of exact replication and repeatable production, several views of the body are usually necessary.
- To do this, bodies are shown in three planes: front view, side view and plan or bottom view.
- The presentation follows fixed rules that are defined in the standards.
- Even for simple bodies, the presentation in three planes requires a considerable degree of abstraction ability and spatial imagination on the part of students.
- This ability is a prerequisite for both creating and interpreting engineering drawings or sketches and is taught by means of geometric models.
- The TZ 100model set provides a learning concept with which to introduce students to the discipline of descriptive geometry.
- A 3D frame made of Plexiglas enables Multiview projection.
- The models are placed in the middle of the 3D frame.
- The corresponding view is inserted into each plane of the 3D frame, so that it is possible to directly compare model (workpiece) and drawing.
- A total of ten models of varying difficulty are included.
- One model is made of Plexiglas in order to develop an understanding of hidden edges.
- The other models are made of aluminium.
- The models are precision-manufactured so that measuring exercises can also be conducted.
- All parts are clearly laid out and well protected in a storage system.
- The contemporary multimedia instructional materials are available online in the GUNTMedia Centre.
- The core element of the teaching materials is a complete set of drawings for each model.
- The set of drawings consists of DXFfiles, STEP files and PDF
- set of models from the descriptive geometry discipline to develop spatial concepts
- introduction to engineering drawing
- precision manufacture of the models allows measuring exercises
- 3D frame for Multiview projection comprising three Plexiglas planes
- 9 aluminium geometric models; cylindrical and prismatic shapes
- 1 Plexiglas model
- storage system for parts
- multimedia instructional materials: PDF, DXF files, STEP files
- online access to the GUNT Media Centre
- 5 prismatic models
- L x W x H: 40x30x50mm
- 4 cylindrical models
- Ø x H: 40x50mm
- 1 transparent model
- L x W x H: 40x30x50mm
- 3 Plexiglas planes
- L x W x H: 100x100x100mm
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 335x240x71mm (storage system)
- Weight: approx. 3kg
- familiarisation with three-dimensional display as a basic principle of engineering drawing
- step-by-step development of spatial thinking: from the concrete situation to the abstract representation in an engineering drawing
- measuring exercises
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 storage system with foam inlay
- 1 set with 10 geometric models
- 3 Plexiglas planes for Multiview projection
- 1 rod for holding the models
- 1 paper punch
- 1 set of instructional material, complete set of drawings included
- GUNT course: engineering drawing
- model set for developing spatial concepts
- fundamentals of three-dimensional display
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.