from raw casting to finished machine part, GUNT course: engineering drawing
- A bearing housing made from sand-cast aluminium is used in teaching as an example to illustrate the subject of cast parts in a detailed and practical way.
- TZ 200.02 comprises a raw casting of a bearing housing, manufactured and polished in a foundry, and a finished part of the same bearing housing, which has been machined after being cast.
- The machined part has also been prepared as a cutaway model.
- The two components can be used to describe the process from forming to machining.
- An ideal learning situation would be to allow two or three students to study the model set together.
- part of the GUNT course on engineering drawing
- graphical representations: from raw casting to finished machine part
- 2 models showing the development of the manufacturing process: 1 raw casting, 1 cutaway model
- instructional material incorporates action-oriented and interdisciplinary forms of teaching
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 100x100x125mm (per model)
- Weight: approx. 3kg
- engineering drawing:
- cast drawings and their features: machining allowances, mould draughts, shrinkage, sectional views
- from casting to finished part: production-based and standards-compliant dimensioning for the subsequent machining
- manufacture of castings in sand casting; production processes
- tool and machine selection; longitudinal measuring exercises
- machine elements and their function
Scope of Delivery:
- 2 models
- 1 set of instructional material
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.