flexural vibration of the elastic shaft
- This accessory setup enables the response of an elastic rotor to unbalanced excitation to be studied.
- The subcritical, supercritical and resonance running states can be demonstrated.
- A comparison of the orbits (path curves) in the subcritical and supercritical range is of particular interest.
- The field balancing of elastic rotors is another area which can be investigated.
- The supplied pendulum ball bearings ensure full mobility of the shaft.
- The safety bearing limits the amplitudes to harmless values at speeds close to resonance.
- The accessory setup is mounted on the base plate of the machinery diagnostic base system PT 500.
- To measure and evaluate the experiment, the computerised vibration analyser PT 500.04and two displacement sensors PT 500.41 are required.
- It includes all the necessary sensors, a measuring amplifier and analysis software to record the vibration phenomena.
- investigation of flexural vibration of an elastic shaft
- stainless steel elastic shaft
- 2 bearing blocks with pendulum ball bearing
- 1 bearing
- bearing blocks and safety bearing with bores for sensor mounting
- accessory set for machinery diagnostic training system PT 500
- stackable storage system to house the components
- Elastic shaft:
- diameter: Ø=10mm
- diameter at bearings: Ø=20mm
- length: 530mm
- nominal length between bearings: 450mm
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 600x400x120mm (storage system)
- Weight: approx. 6kg
- familiarisation with the terms “critical speed” and “resonance”
- influence of unbalanced excitation
- alignment of the elastic rotor
- influence of alignment errors
- understanding and interpreting frequency spectra
- use of a computerised vibration analyser
- together with two displacement sensors PT 500.41:
- study of the orbit in the subcritical and supercritical range
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 elastic shaft
- 2 bearing blocks
- 1 safety bearing
- 1 storage system with foam inlay
- 1 manual
- resonance and critical speed
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.