single-stage, two-stage or three-stage spur gear with distributed rotational inertia
- Gears are employed as a link between driving machine and driven machine.
- They are used to vary torque and speed and to change direction.
- The aim of dynamic gear analysis is an understanding of the motion sequences and the influence of inertia.
- The GL 210unit is used to study the dynamic behaviour in single-stage, two-stage and three-stage spur gears during transient operation.
- The trainer includes four parallel shafts, three drive wheels and three drive gears.
- Coupling pins can be used to couple the shafts such that different gear stages can be realised.
- A flywheel may be attached to each shaft in order to increase the rotational inertia.
- The gear is accelerated via a cable drum and a variable set of weights.
- The set of weights is raised via a crank.
- A ratchet prevents the weight from accidentally escaping.
- A clamping roller freewheel enables free further rotation after the weight has been released.
- A hand brake allows smooth deceleration.
- The transparent protective cover with safety lock prevents accidental contact with the rotating parts.
- Inductive speed sensors on all drive gears allow the speeds to be measured.
- The measured values are transmitted directly to a PC via USB.
- The data acquisition software is included.
- The angular acceleration can be read from the diagrams.
- investigation of the dynamic behaviour of 1-stage, 2-stage or 3-stage spur gears
- 4 shafts, 3 drive wheels and 3 drive gears
- shafts can be coupled by coupling pins
- optional attachable flywheels to increase the rotational inertia on each shaft
- gear is accelerated via cable drum and variable set of weights
- weight raised by hand crank; ratchet prevents accidental release
- clamping roller freewheel enables free further rotation after the weight has been released
- gear decelerated via hand-operated brake
- transparent protective cover with safety lock and protective grill for the set of weights
- inductive speed sensors on all drive gears
- GUNT software for data acquisition via USB under Windows 8.1, 10
- 3-stage gear with 4 shafts
- transmission ratio per stage: i = 4:1
- overall transmission ratio: i = 64:1
- Gear width: 16mm, module 2mm:
- set of weights: 5…50kg
- drop height: max. 0,65m
- potential energy: 320Nm
- Measuring ranges:
- speed: 0…2000min-1
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 970x760x1550mm
- Weight: approx. 155kg
Required for Operation:
- PC with Windows
- determining the angular acceleration on gears
- determining the mass moment of inertia of the gear
- determining the friction
- determining the gear efficiency
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 trainer
- 1 set of weights
- 1 GUNTsoftware + USB cable
- 1 set of instructional material
- single-stage, two-stage or three-stage spur gear with distributed rotational inertia
- drive via cable drum and variable set of weights
- inductive speed sensors on all shafts
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.