four different transmissions can be configured
- The planetary gear is a special type of gear drive, in which the multiple planet gears revolve around a centrally arranged sun gear.
- The planet gears are mounted on a planet carrier and engage positively in an internally toothed ring gear.
- Torque and power are distributed among several planet gears.
- Sun gear, planet carrier and ring gear may either be driving, driven or fixed.
- Planetary gears are used in automotive construction and shipbuilding, as well as for stationary use in turbines and general mechanical engineering.
- The GL 212unit allows the investigation of the dynamic behaviour of a two-stage planetary gear.
- The trainer consists of two planet gear sets, each with three planet gears.
- The ring gear of the first stage is coupled to the planet carrier of the second stage.
- By fixing individual gears, it is possible to configure a total of four different transmission ratios.
- The gear is accelerated via a cable drum and a variable set of weights.
- The set of weights is raised via a crank.
- A ratchet prevents the weight from accidentally escaping.
- A clamping roller freewheel enables free further rotation after the weight has been released.
- The weight is caught by a shock absorber.
- A transparent protective cover prevents accidental contact with the rotating parts.
- To be able to determine the effective torques, the force measurement measures the deflection of bending beams.
- Inductive speed sensors on all drive gears allow the speeds to be measured.
- The measured values are transmitted directly to a PC via USB.
- The data acquisition software is included.
- The angular acceleration can be read from the diagrams.
- Effective mass moments of inertia are determined by the angular acceleration.
- investigation of the dynamic behaviour of a 2-stage planetary gear
- three planet gears per stage
- four different transmission ratios possible
- gear is accelerated via cable drum and variable set of weights
- weight raised by hand crank; ratchet prevents accidental release
- clamping roller freewheel enables free further rotation after the weight has been released
- shock absorber for weight
- transparent protective cover
- force measurement on different gear stages via 3 bending bars, display via dial gauges
- inductive speed sensors
- GUNT software for data acquisition via USB under Windows 8.1, 10
- 2-stage planetary gear:
- module: 2mm
- sun gears: 24-tooth, d-pitch circle: 48mm
- planet gears: 24-tooth, d-pitch circle: 48mm
- ring gears: 72-tooth, d-pitch circle: 144mm
- set of weights: 5…50kg
- potential energy: 245,3Nm
- Load at standstill:
- weight forces: 5…70N
- Measuring ranges:
- speed: 0…2000min-1
- 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
- 230V, 60Hz, 1 phase; 120V, 60Hz, 1 phase
- UL/CSA optional
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 950x600x1700mm
- Weight: approx. 150kg
Required for Operation:
- PC with Windows
- determine the transmission ratio for a locked gear
- measure transmitted forces for a locked gear
- gear acceleration under constant driving torque
- influence of the transmission ratio
- determine reduced mass moment of inertia
- conversion of potential energy into kinetic energy
- determine friction
- determine gear efficiency
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 trainer
- 2 sets of weights
- 1 GUNTsoftware + USB cable
- 1 set of instructional material
- two-stage planetary gears with three planet gears each
- four different transmissions can be configured
- bending beams to measure force
- inductive speed sensors for speed-time diagrams to determine the angular acceleration
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.