demonstration of all buckling cases of Euler buckling
- In stability theory, the four cases of Euler buckling represent the elastic flexural buckling of straight bars.
- Above a specific load – the buckling load – a loss of stability occurs and the bar increasingly changes shape.
- The axis of the bar is deflected laterally.
- Euler describes four cases for the buckling of an elastic bar with central application of compressive force and various methods of support.
- WP 121demonstrates the four cases of Euler buckling.
- Depending on the end conditions, different weights are required until the buckling load is reached and the axes of the bars are laterally deflected.
- The buckling length is clearly visible against the white backing wall with the grid patterning.
- The test bars are made of stainless spring steel, and remain within the elastic range during the experiment.
- The test bars are either fixed or pinned (free to rotate), depending on the chosen support method.
- This enables all buckling cases according to Euler to be set up with the various support conditions.
- Mounts are provided in the top supports to hold the weights.
- Load is gradually applied to the test bars in small increments.
- This enables the sudden loss of stability – the buckling – to be clearly shown.
- The various elements of the experiment are clearly laid-out and housed securely in a storage system.
- demonstration of elastic buckling
- representation of 4 cases of Euler buckling
- 4 steel test bars
- test bar ends pinned or fixed
- test bars cannot be overloaded
- white backing wall with grid patterning
- storage system to house the components
- Test bars
- quantity: 4
- bar length: 180mm
- bar cross-section: 0,5x12mm
- material: steel 1.4310 cold-worked
- buckling loads: approx. 2…32N
- 10x 5N
- 5x 1N
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 380x110x270mm
- Weight: approx. 10kg
- L x W x H: 720x480x178mm (storage system)
- Weight: approx. 10kg (storage system)
- demonstration of various buckling problems
- Euler case 1 – fixed-free bar
- Euler case 2 – pinned-pinned bar
- Euler case 3 – fixed-pinned bar
- Euler case 4 – fixed-fixed bar
- familiarisation with the correlation between buckling length, buckling load and various methods of support
Scope of delivery:
- 1 experimental unit
- 1 set of specimens
- 1 set of weights
- 1 storage system with foam inlay
- 1 set of instructional material
- demonstration of all buckling cases of Euler buckling
- buckling length clearly visible with various methods of support
- test bars made of spring steel
- set of finely graduated weights
- Optional: WP 300.09 Laboratory trolley
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.