Used in chemistry labs for Titration, as they can be held and the contents mixed single-handed leaving the other hand free to add reagents.
- Conical flasks are suitable for heating liquids with a Bunsen Burner
- The flask is usually placed on a ring held to a ring stand by means of a ring clamp
- A wire gauze mesh or pad is usually placed between the ring and the flask to prevent the flames from directly touching the glass in the same manner as for a beaker
- When heating (or cooling) in a water bath the flask can be clamped by the neck to a stand or a hooped weight may be placed over the conical part of the flask to prevent it from floating in the bath.
- Conical flasks are also used in Microbiology for the preparation of Microbial cultures
- Another name for Conical Flask = Erlenmeyer Flask
- 200 ml
- 300 ml
- 500 ml
- 1 Lt
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.