vibrations in belt drives
- When properly designed, manufactured, and correctly set; belt drives are low-maintenance, low-noise, long-life drive units.
- It is important that the belt should not vibrate and/or slip.
- The PT 500.14accessory setup can be used to investigate conditions that cause vibration or slip.
- The effect of disparate elongation on multiple belt drives can be demonstrated by means of individually-adjustable tensioning rollers.
- The belt drive is a dual belt drive with a belt tensioner.
- It can, however, also be operated with only one belt.
- An eccentrically-bored small belt pulley and a damaged V-belt enhance the range of possible experiments.
- The brake and PT 500.05load unit is required to conduct the experiment.
- The accessory set PT 500.14can also be used to apply transverse loads in other experiments.
- The accessory set is mounted on the base plate of the machinery diagnostic base system PT 500.
- To measure and evaluate the experiment, the computerised vibration analyser PT 500.04is required.
- It includes all the necessary sensors, a measuring amplifier and analysis software to record the vibration phenomena.
- investigation of the vibrations of belt drives
- dual belt drive with V-belt
- belt drive can be operated with one belt
- individually-adjustable tensioning rollers
- belt drive with radial run-out
- damaged V-belt
- belt pre-tension measuring unit 0…150N
- suitable for applying transverse loads on other systems within the accessory sets of the PT 500 series
- brake and load unit PT 500.05 required for experiments on the belt drive
- accessory set for PT 500 machinery diagnostic training system
- stackable storage system to house the components
- V-belt pulleys:
- large: Ø=125mm
- small: Ø=63mm
- small, eccentric: Ø=63mm
- Axle centres: 300mm
- SPZ, approx. 10mm wide
- belt length: 912mm
Dimensions & Weight:
- L x W x H: 600x400x170mm (storage system)
- Weight: approx. 6kg
- influence of belt tension on vibration behaviour
- influence of speed on vibration behaviour
- influence of pulleys running untrue, and off-track running
- power split across multiple belt drive
- influence of slip-on vibration running spectrum
- comparison between fault-free and damaged belts
- understanding and interpreting frequency spectra
- use of a computerised vibration analyser
Scope of Delivery:
- 3 V-belts
- 3 belt pulleys
- 1 tensioning roller set
- 1 belt pre-tension measuring unit
- 1 storage system with foam inlay
- 1 manual
- resonance and critical speed
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.