Compacted Road Base and Sub-base Soils
|Standards||ASTM D2167; NF P94-061-2: AASHTO T205|
|UTS-0990A||Balloon Density Apparatus 1600 ml ASTM|
|UTS-0993NF||Balloon Density Apparatus 3000 ml NF|
|UTS-0996NF||Balloon Density Apparatus 6000 ml, NF|
|UTS-1000NF||Balloon Density Apparatus NF, 10000 ml, NF|
- Balloon Density Apparatus are used for the on-site determination of the density of well bonded soil according to the ASTM and French standards respectively.
- UTS-0990A consists of a graduated cylinder of 1596 ml capacity housed inside an aluminium guard, a reversible rubber aspirator pump, a density plate 9 inches square, and 12 rubber balloons.
- The principle of operation is similar to the sand replacement but the hole is filled by a rubber balloon where water is pumped.
- The amount of water can be easily determined by the graduation of the cylinder.
- According to NF standard, a metal cylinder is filled with water which is then pumped into a rubber membrane mounted on the base of the cylinder.
- The water pressure is controlled by a pressure gauge and the volume of the balloon is measured on the graduated piston stem.
NF Type Balloon Density Apparatus are supplied complete with complete with:
• Reinforced Membranes, 6 pcs. /pack
• Base Plate
• Locking Clamps, 4 pcs. (6 pcs. for UTS-1000NF)
ASTM Type Balloon Density Apparatus is supplied complete with complete with:
• A graduated cylinder, 1596 mL capacity housed inside an aluminium guard,
• A reversible rubber aspirator pump,
• Density plate,
• Rubber balloons, 12pcs.
|Product Code||Dimensions||Weight (approx.)|
|UTS-0990||250x250x700 mm||7 kg|
|UTS-0992||360x360x1000 mm||10 kg|
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.