With integral balance to AASHTO T 308-10, ASTM D6307-10 & BSEN 12697-39:2012
|Other Standards||EN12697-39, AASHTO T 308-10, ASTM D6307-10|
- Designed to measure the asphalt binder content of hot mix asphalt (HMA) using loss on ignition, in accordance with AASHTO T 308-10, ASTM D6307-10 & BSEN 12697-39:2012.
- The integral microprocessor-controlled weighing and calculation system is configurable to allow variations to the standard test method.
- Test result reports are available in both printed and software format.
- The high temperature afterburner minimises the production of noxious waste fumes. Supplied complete with 2 sets of sample baskets
- Flexible enough for most methods derived from the ASTM, AASHTO and BS/EN loss on ignition standards, the LBM120 replaces the older solvent based test methods.
- Calibration factors are first calculated, using either pre-determined asphalt mixes as a benchmark or aggregate only samples in order to correct for small amounts of volatile components present within the aggregate itself.
- Also, the effect of airflow passing through the chamber is tested and adjusted by a lift correction factor.
- Sample size is based on the aggregates’ nominal particle size, which is collected using standard sampling methods.
- Its weight before ignition is measured on a balance outside the furnace.
- The appropriate test recipe is entered or selected from the library, the sample is then loaded into the preheated furnace and the test is started.
- For operator safety the door remains locked until the test is completed.
- The end point is automatically detected by the BM120 using absolute or percentage weight changes, whichever is required by the standard method used.
- The test end-point is signalled by an audible alarm and the results are automatically printed.
- Simple to navigate 5.7″ touchscreen control with secure Supervisor & Operator settings
- Avoids the health, environmental & waste management issues & expense associated with the older solvent extraction methods
- Best in class afterburner technology reduces emissions
- Has the capacity for large sample sizes for more accurate results (maximum sample is 4.5 kg)
- Average test times from 20 mins for 6 mm aggregates, to 45 mins for 40 mm aggregates
- Automatic calculation of final sample weight & binder % result
- Adjustable aggregate and hot mix asphalt correction factors
- Multi-lingual interface: English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Italian & Russian language display. Other languages are available to order
- Easy naming, storage & recall of recipes that can be transferred between ABA 7/35B units
- Precise weight measurements displayed to 0.1 g resolution
- USB data output and permanent (dot-matrix) printed reports
- Fail safe door lock system
- Sample trays guided and loaded onto robust stainless-steel balance pan extension within the chamber
- High thermal efficiency insulation material with robust refractory brick door surround
- Double skin case construction for cool outer case
- Woven glass fibre door seal with stainless steel wire reinforcement
|Maximum temperature||750 °C|
|Dimensions||Internal 220 x 350 x 450|
H x W x D (mm)
|Dimensions||External 980 x 600 x 775|
H x W x D (mm)
Due to the continuous development of our products, the goods supplied may vary in detail to that illustrated on this Website.